The admin monitor feature lets you be
sure of who is running your chat room while you are away and what they do.
This security feature helps you make
decisions about who you let
admin your room in your absence, tells you if your
code got into the wrong hands, and what an
admin does on your behalf in the
abusive bouncing and banning and never again wonder who closed your
who got bounced or banned and why, who has your
admin code, who red
dotted everyone, who tried to bounce YOU, etc..
Be sure your admins run
YOUR room YOUR way!
How to turn it on and off:
Using the Paltalk Pal
Using the admin monitor is easy...
open a chat with the 'Paltalk pal' on your
pal' lets you type commands to Paltalk.
To get a complete list of commands type help all
To turn your admin monitor on type 'admin monitor
To turn your admin monitor off type 'admin monitor
Using your chat room creation form
select the 'favorites' menu on your main pal list window
select 'my room' from the menu
a new window opens
press the 'edit my room' button
your browser opens and you are logged into the mypaltalk web site
click on the 'manage my group' link near the top right of the browser
select the 'advanced' tab on the chat room creation form
place a checkmark in the 'enable admin monitor in my room' box
press the 'save my changes' button at the bottom of the form
When you turn your admin
monitor on, it will stay on until you turn it off! Even if you are
offline, the admin monitor will log everything that happens in your chat
and send it to you the next time you log in.
CAUTION: If you leave your
admin monitor on, and are offline for several days the log can become very
large and take a long time to load when you log in! Be sure to turn it off
if you plan to be offline for more than a day or 2.
Whenever an action is taken by anyone joining
your room as 'admin' with your
admin code, it will be sent to you in a 'Paltalk Notifier'
window. You can leave this window open for as long as you like and
minimize it to let the log grow to review at your convenience.
This log is NOT stored by Paltalk! If you close
the window anything listed is gone forever, so be sure you save it or
review it before you close it.
You will find a
sample of the messages that you may see in the notifier window below.
- admin name opened your group as admin
- admin name closed your group
- admin name joined your group as admin
- admin name left your group
with no other admin present
- admin name red dotted the entire group
(remove all mics)
- admin name un-dotted the entire group
(give mics to everyone)
- admin name enabled red dot video
- admin name disabled red dot video
- admin name enabled red dot text
- admin name disabled red dot text
- admin name attempted to bounce you from your group
- admin name bounced user name
- admin name un-bounced user name
- admin name invited user name back after they were bounced
- admin name attempted to ban you from your group
- admin name banned user name
- admin name un-banned user name